Nominations Now Being Accepted for 2014 RLI Leadership Luminary Award
November 14, 2013
The Radiology Leadership Institute® (RLI), a program of the American College of Radiology, is now accepting nominations for the 2014 RLI Leadership Luminary Award — an honorary designation given annually to radiologists and related radiology professionals who possess exceptional experience and demonstrate an unusually high level of leadership in organized radiology or organized medicine. Award recipients will be recognized at the 2014 RLI Annual Event, Aug. 7–10, 2014, at Babson College, in Wellesley, MA.
To be eligible, nominees must have an established history of leadership in radiology or a related field. Such history can be demonstrated by the extent to which the nominee has participated in the following types of activities:
- Served on radiology or other governing boards or committees
- Provided mentoring to others in a formal mentoring program
- Held leadership positions in hospital or academic department service
- Completed leadership education (e.g., MBA, MMM, MPH, RLI certificates of proficiency, advanced proficiency, etc.)
- Held executive or leadership role(s) in health care
- Served in elected office (e.g., medical advisory board, PRO board, peer review, legislative task force)
- Performed public speaking (e.g., public relations activities that explain the specialty of radiology or related field, such as lectures to civic groups or public service announcements, radio, or TV appearances, etc.)
- Performed leadership activities
- Been formally recognized as a leader by organizations or peers (e.g., national or international award(s) from organized medicine)
“The RLI is proud to recognize our profession’s most respected radiology leaders with the Leadership Luminary Award, which represents the summit of the RLI program. Only a few highly respected radiologists have received this designation. Anyone who feels strongly that they know someone who has met the requirements for this prestigious award is encouraged to submit a nomination form,” said Cynthia S. Sherry, MD, FACR, medical director of the Radiology Leadership Institute and chair of the American College of Radiology Commission on Leadership and Practice Development.
Previous Leadership Luminary Award recipients include James H. Thrall, M.D., Harvey L. Neiman, M.D., Alexander R. Margulis, M.D., and Daniel H. Johnson Jr., M.D.
The deadline to submit a nomination form is Feb. 28, 2014. All submissions must include a brief narrative (up to 750 words) setting forth the nominee for consideration, which must outline and summarize how the nominee meets the nomination criteria. In addition, the nominee’s curriculum vitae must be included and must provide adequate information concerning the leadership accomplishments of the candidate. The RLI Board is the governing body that makes all decisions concerning the awarding of the Leadership Luminary designation.
For additional information, or to complete a nomination form, visit http://bit.ly/16YWw59.
To speak with an RLI spokesperson, contact Heather Williams at 703-390-9822 or PR@acr.org.