Radiology Residents Receive Scholarships to Attend RLI Summit
June 14, 2016
Reston, VA — Eleven radiology residents and fellows were awarded Radiology Leadership Institute® (RLI) scholarships to attend its Summit, which will focus on how to build successful value-based performance practices. The fifth annual RLI meeting will be held Sept. 8–11 at Babson College in Wellesley, Mass.
“At the RLI Summit, some of our most promising young radiologists will learn how to combine high-quality clinical care with smart organizational and strategic skills,” said Frank J. Lexa, MD, MBA, RLI chief medical officer. “They will learn from some of the top radiology and business experts in the country and network with a wide variety of leading radiologists in both small and large group sessions,” added Lexa, who also serves as the chair of the American College of Radiology (ACR) Commission on Leadership and Practice Development.
The residents and fellows “will leave with a tremendous head start on a successful career based on both their clinical training and a solid foundation of business principles,” said Lexa, who indicated that RLI received a large number of highly qualified scholarship applicants. Applicants were selected who demonstrated engagement in the RLI program, leadership experience and an interest in pursuing additional learning opportunities.
This year’s recipients are:
- Aditi A Desai, MD, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Laura Eisenmenger, MD, University of Utah School of Medicine, North Salt Lake
- Kelsey Anne Flynt, MD, University of Michigan, Flat Rock
- Vivek Kalia, MD, MPH, MS, University of Vermont College of Medicine, South Burlington
- Daniel Robert L'Heureux, MD, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
- Dana J. Lin, MD, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York
- Kazim Narsinh, MD, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego
- Amy Patel, MD, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita
- Sarah Pittman, MD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John's, Canada
- Devaki Shilpa Surasi, MD, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City
- Joseph C Wildenberg, MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Collingswood, N.J.
Scholarships will cover the cost of registration, lodging and travel for recipients to attend the Summit. Funding for the RLI Leadership Summit Resident and Fellow Scholarships is provided by the ACR Foundation RLI Fund.
The meeting’s theme is “Creating Personal and Organizational Value.” Sessions will highlight six topics: how to overcome obstacles to change, build personal branding, make decisions in times of uncertainty, compete through superior operations, transition to a value-added focus and develop negotiation skills. Leonard A. Schlesinger, DBA, MBA, entrepreneurship expert, Harvard Business School professor, will deliver the Sept. 9 keynote address, “What Great Radiology Leaders Know and Do.”
The RLI, a program of the American College of Radiology, delivers progressive leadership and business management training and offers real-world strategies for radiologists to grow and advance in practice. A July Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR) Tweet Chat — with RLI faculty—will address balancing productivity with patient-centered care. Overview information is available, along with details about registration, the schedule and related brochure.