RLI Leadership Summit Resident & Fellow Scholarship
Requirements and Selection Criteria
The 2018 RLI Summit Resident & Fellow scholarships include full tuition, lodging, and transportation (air or ground) for recipients to attend the 2018 RLI Summit. Recipients are responsible for all other incidentals, educational, program-related, and/or travel expenses. Up to ten (10) full scholarships will be awarded.
Applicant Criteria (please review carefully)
- Be a member of the ACR.
- Be enrolled in the RLI.
- Be a resident (in the second year, or higher, of radiology residency) or fellow enrolled in a radiology fellowship program that is affiliated with an ACGME accredited residency program (U.S or Canadian) -- as of September 2018.
- Ensure that he/she is able to take the necessary time off to attend the Summit from Sept 7-9, 2018.
Note: applicants who have already registered for the 2018 Summit are still eligible to apply.
The following materials must be received no later than March 19, 2018:
- The online APPLICATION FORM
- Signed letter of recommendation from Program Director, as described in the application (upload in the application)
- Current CV (upload in the application)
*Note – you will need your ACR Member ID number when submitting the application form (if you do not know your number, please contact Membership at 1-800-347-7748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be reviewed by the RLI Scholarship Review Committee which will provide a recommendation to the RLI Board for final approval.
When selecting scholarship award recipients, the Committee will be looking for candidates who have demonstrated the following:
- Substantiated and sustained interest in leadership development and previous leadership experience
- Measurable engagement with and utilization of RLI offerings, i.e., program participation, webinar attendance, course completion, etc.
- Clear articulation of what the applicant hopes to gain by attending the RLI Leadership Summit
- An interest in pursuing other additional learning opportunities within the RLI beyond the Leadership Summit
Additionally, selection will be based on the personal qualities of the candidate that indicate that he or she has exceptional leadership potential and preference will be given to upper year trainees.
Requirements for Recipients
All scholarship recipients must:
- Be willing to be photographed during their RLI experience and agree to be interviewed about their experience for various ACR publications.
- Book his or her own travel and lodging through the ACR travel site.