RLI Leadership Luminary Nomination Process
The 2017 RLI Leadership Luminary Nomination is now closed. Winners will be announced this summer and will receive their awards at the 2018 Annual RLI Leadership Summit, Sept. 7-9, 2018 at Babson College in Wellesley, MA.
The Leadership Luminary Award of the Radiology Leadership Institute is intended to distinguish and celebrate the lifetime achievements of professionals who have devoted the majority of their professional career to the science or practice of radiology or radiation oncology, embodying both leadership and innovation in their actions and legacy.
Candidates for the RLI Leadership Luminary Award should have shown:
- Visionary Leadership: Serving as a thought leader, or leader by example while demonstrating outstanding citizenship in a major role in radiology, medicine or other activities that benefit the community or society at large
- Motivation/Inspirational Leadership: Demonstrating a passion and confidence in setting and achieving the goals that the team/organization has outlined; leads by example and deeds as well as words demonstrating outstanding citizenship in a major role in radiology, medicine or in other activities that benefit the community or society at large
- Integrity: Showing their commitment to principled and morally framed leadership
- Responsibility: Demonstrating/exhibiting unwavering commitment to advancing the organizations and activities they are charged with in advancing to a greater level
- Generativity: demonstrated their passion and commitment to and through effective mentoring in guiding the next generation, while exhibiting a sense of optimism about humanity
- Creativity: embodied both innovation and vision in their leadership style and deliverables that benefit radiology, the community of medicine or the larger community; creating a vision that creates and effects change for the greater good
- Contributions: evidenced the betterment of radiology or the larger community through their objective and quantifiable professional and leadership achievements
All professionals (physicians and non-physicians) in the field of radiology are eligible if they have demonstrated an unusually high level of leadership and have exhibited the seven (7) award criteria above.
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- Due to potential conflict of interest, members of the RLI board cannot nominate, endorse, nor write letters of recommendation for this award
A complete nomination form must be submitted by February 17, 2017. Submissions must include:
- One (1) required nomination letter (up to 750 words) which must outline and summarize how the nominee has shown/exhibited the seven (7) award criteria
- One (1) optional letter of recommendation (up to 750 words)
- Current CV that must provide adequate information regarding the candidate’s leadership positions and accomplishments
The RLI Board is the governing body that makes all decisions concerning the selection of the recipients of the RLI Leadership Luminary awards.
Please contact Melanie McGraw or by phone at 703-262-9307 with any questions.