RLI Leadership Luminary Nomination Process
The 2018 RLI Leadership Luminary Nomination is now open. Winners will be announced this summer and will receive their awards at the 2018 Annual RLI Leadership Summit, Sept. 7-9, 2018 at Babson College in Wellesley, MA.
The Leadership Luminary Award of the Radiology Leadership Institute is intended to distinguish and celebrate the lifetime achievements of professionals who have devoted the majority of their professional career to the science or practice of radiology or radiation oncology, embodying both leadership and innovation in their actions and legacy.
Candidates for the RLI Leadership Luminary Award must have shown:
- Visionary Leadership: Serving as a thought leader, or leader by example while demonstrating outstanding citizenship in a major role in radiology, medicine or other activities that benefit the community or society at large.
- Motivation/Inspirational Leadership: Demonstrating a passion and confidence in setting and achieving the goals that the team/organization has outlined; leads by example and deeds as well as words.
- Integrity: Showing their commitment to principled and morally framed leadership.
- Responsibility: Demonstrating/exhibiting unwavering commitment to advancing the organizations and activities with which they are charged, advancing them to a greater level.
- Generativity: Demonstrating their passion and commitment to and through effective mentoring in guiding the next generation, while exhibiting a sense of optimism about humanity.
- Creativity: Embodying both innovation and vision in their leadership style and deliverables that benefit radiology, the community of medicine or the larger community; creating a vision that creates and effects change for the greater good.
- Contributions: Evidenced by the betterment of radiology or the larger community through their objective and quantifiable professional and leadership achievements.
All professionals (physicians and non-physicians) working in the field of radiology are eligible if they have demonstrated an unusually high level of leadership, at least 15 years of sustained excellence (post-training), and have exhibited the seven (7) award criteria above. Please note that current RLI Board members cannot be nominated for the award.
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- Due to potential conflict of interest, current members of the RLI Board cannot nominate, endorse, nor write letters of recommendation for this award
- Current members of the Board of Chancellors cannot submit nominations nor write letters of support for the award.
- If a nominee has been nominated two consecutive years and is not selected as an award recipient, all nominators must wait two years before resubmitting a nomination. If you have questions regarding an individual’s eligibility, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The completed nomination package must be submitted by Friday, March 16, 2018 using the online form. All submissions are required to include:
- One (1) nomination letter (up to 750 words) which must outline and summarize how the nominee has shown/exhibited the seven (7) award criteria
- One (1) letter of recommendation (up to 750 words)
- Current CV that must provide adequate information regarding the candidate’s leadership positions and accomplishments
Note: at least one of the letters should be from an individual who is not a member of the nominee’s current department, practice, or workplace
The RLI Board is the governing body that makes all decisions concerning the selection of the recipients of the RLI Leadership Luminary awards.
Please contact Melanie McGraw at 703-262-9307 or email@example.com with any questions.